Some of the drugs on the street today In Toronto, Aurora and Vaughan devastate a person’s life quicker than others. That’s why our crystal meth recovery process is complete and thorough. The side effects of using this particular drug are more apparent than with others and they include:
- Delusions, psychosis and quite often extreme paranoia.
- Skin sores, malnutrition, violence, confusion and anxiety.
The plain facts are that crystal meth abuse can quite often lead to death. The first stage of treatment for addition to this drug is usually detox. The Addiction Ontario facility that we have for this purpose is staffed by medical professionals. Detoxification is a critical part of the process.
Not only is it the part where an addict is made ready to receive the recovery message, it can be dangerous if not handled properly by medical professionals.
After the detoxification stage, the addict is ready to enter therapy. The length of the treatment process depends on several different factors including:
- How severe the addiction is. Some addicts have even involved family members and when that is the case we have family counseling sessions available.
- There might even be coexisting medical and/or mental conditions that need to be treated along with the addiction. It’s often the case that someone abusing drugs or alcohol has underlying psychological problems that need to be addressed.
- Some physical conditions make it hard for people to get the most from recovery therapy.
Taking those factors into consideration is a big part of why our crystal meth recovery program is so successful. We offer both individual and group therapy sessions so each individual patient gets a well-rounded basis.
Relapsing is one of the huge problems for people facing crystal meth recovery. We pride ourselves on teaching them the coping skills they will need to lead a successful life. The techniques our psychologists and therapists teach to our patients help them to deal with life’s issues without substance abuse.
Finally, one of the most important aspects of recovery is the aftercare we offer. Addiction Ontario prides itself on fostering a network so all alumni from our crystal meth recovery programs always have help close by.
Remember, our treatment facilities are state-of-the-art. They are also comfortable and friendly and staffed by individuals who care about the recovery process. Getting in touch with us is easy. If you think you suffered from crystal meth addiction, we’d love to hear from you today.